Low Carb Chicken Burritos
THIS IS SO GOOD! Makes enough for 2 generous servings for 2 people and it works out at around $4.50 per person a serving. VERY HAPPY, plus it’s loaded with goodness!
- 250 grams of diced chicken
- 1/2 capsicum, finely diced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli (optional but I love the heat!)
- 1 garlic clove, grated (better to make a paste for the chicken and you can GRAB A MINI GRATER HERE)
- A sprinkle of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to season
Wraps (makes 5)
- 2/3 c of water
- 1/2 c chickpea flour / bessan flour
- a little avocado oil
Salad / salsa
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- handful of coriander
- salt and pepper to season
Additional for serving
- grated cheese
- tabasco sauce
- sour cream
- Salad greens
- In a bowl mix chicken, oil and all herbs and spices together to coat.
- Add chicken to hot frypan to cook through. When almost cooked, add finely diced capsicum.
- In a blender, mix water and chickpea / bessan flour. Blitz 4-5 times then leave to sit.
- In a smaller pan, heat a little oil till starting to sizzle. If you’re not sure if it’s hot enough, drop a tiny amount of wrap mixture into the oil to see if it sizzles. I usually set my dial at the 9 o’clock mark on my stovetop
- Pour a small amount of the mix into the oil, similar to the amount you would use for a pancake, rotating the mixture around the pan. If you haven’t used enough mixture, pour in a little more and rotate again, covering any holes in the wrap.
- Wait until the wrap starts to lift away from the pan, then using a fish slice, gently lift the wrap up and flip over to cook on the other side. This should take around 3 minutes in total to cook
- Make your salsa by adding all ingredients together and mixing through. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if you need to.
- Place your wrap on a plate, add a little grated cheese, then the chicken and capsicum mix. Add some salad greens to the plate and layer with your salsa mix or lay your salsa on top of your chicken!
- Serve with tabasco and sour cream and enjoy!
Take a look at the method here! This was my recent live stream of the recipe so you can see in real time how easy it is to make! Just scroll forward the first minute or 2 of the holding screen to get to the method
And if you need to grab one of my mini graters, CLICK HERE!!