Low Carb Frappuccino
Love Frappuccino? Want an alternative to those high calorie, high sugar treats, without compromising on flavour? Then you need this. The great thing is that you can add your own sugar free flavoured syrups to mix it up or do what I do and add a little vanilla or almond essence! It’s a great low calorie treat with surprisingly great health benefits! Caffeine helps boost the metabolism and using a dairy alternative as your liquid base (almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk) means you add extra nutrients with less calories per cup!
- 1 shot of espresso / black coffee (can be decaf if you’re a sensitive soul like me)
- Sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 – 1 cup of almond milk (or cashew milk or coconut milk)
- A flavour: you could use a sugar free syrup instead of sweetener or add an essence (such as vanilla or almond) or a spice like cinnamon
- Ice: the more you add, the thicker your Frap
- Additional: some whipped cream on top to make it look fancy. I use Tatua Whipped Cream as it’s slightly sweetened, but only 0.7 grams of carbs per serving!
- A fabulous glass to serve it in and a straw
In a blender add a shot of coffee and mix in sweetener till dissolved
Pour in Almond milk. Almond milk is my favourite! Coconut milk is great if you want a really creamy Frap and remember to add a flavour, should you feel so inclined
Add ice and blend. Remember, the more ice you add, the thicker your frap
Stir and top with a little whipped cream
FYI: if you’re following a Keto lifestyle, you can add a little cream to your Frap to make it thicker and creamier