Vegetable Hash Browns
Ingredients: (makes approx. 8 hash browns)
- 3 large eggs beaten, I use free range
- 1 onion, peeled
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- Clove of garlic, crushed
To serve: Eggs (hard boiled), smoked salmon, baby spinach, tomato
How to make it:
1) Grate the potato and onion. I use my amazing Kenwood Food Processor to make this super quick and easy. (here use food processor on top of the chef)
2) Put the grated potato and onion at the centre of a tea towel and squeeze out excess liquid.
3) Place the dry mix into a bowl and beat in the eggs. Add garlic then salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
4) On a lined baking tray, shape handfuls of the mixture into rounds. Put them on the tray and gently flatten, brush with oil.
5) Bake at 200°C for around 15 minutes. Flip them over, pat them down and then cook for a further 15-20 minutes until they are crispy.
Serve with your choice of breakfast additions, like avocado, tomatoes, poached eggs or salmon!
Optional: Herbs (blend in processor first)